Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Mayor Troiano says Facebook account hacked; inappropriate meme immediately removed

This afternoon, I received a call from Wildwood Mayor Ernie Troiano, informing me that his personal Facebook account had been hacked.

The offending party posted an inappropriate racial meme that Troiano immediately removed.

The meme apparently was trying to poke fun at a story that FOX29 reported on yesterday, about offensive t-shirts on the Boardwalk.

"It's disgusting that someone would do this, but these things happen," Troiano said. "It was taken care of quickly, but you never know how many people have seen it.

"I just want everyone to know that, obviously, I would never post something like that, and I would love to find out who did this."

- Al Alven

No comments:

Post a Comment