Monday, February 22, 2010

Funchase presents: The Blizzards of 2010

Ralph Grassi of Funchase.com has compiled another great video, this time looking at the back-to-back blizzards that slammed the Wildwoods earlier this month, and their aftermath.

From Ralph's description:  Amidst the chaos the storms caused I was able to capture only a handful of the many images I'll carry with me the rest of my days. Power was down throughout the Wildwoods including my house and many others for 7 long cold days. I've lived here all my life and this storm far surpassed the blizzard of 1978 which until now was the "big one" that islanders recall, myself included. The blizzards of 2010 brought down an overwhelming number of power lines and poles (some sparking tree fires as they came down paralyzing the entire community). Most damage occurred during the first storm however recovery would be delayed by a second storm only days later. The haunting song is "Round The Bend" by Beck and comes from his amazing album "Sea Change."

No comments:

Post a Comment